View more personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Have you been to France?


A friend sent me a postcard from France. The rolling hills of Provence, lush vineyards and charming towers-Yes, I remember it well.

When my husband and I went to France, I packed so much accused attempting to smuggle things at a garage sale.I am a Girl Scout in the heart would be ready.

In order to be ready for the change of time friend advised me to remain vigilant about the flight and go to bed at my usual-Blurry-local time. specifically and exhausted, I collapsed in bed in Paris at 10 p.m., having lost a day-but not my luggage. From 10 a.m. (1 pm PST) the next day he was tempted to call my friend thank her for her advice.

Advice on Hotels that came from a book, but Hotels France is like Hotels everywhere-overpriced and unsuitable. Of course, if I had the right adapter to connect my dryer will not have need of a hotel Electrician to help dry my hair. If he had restrained buying souvenirs, laid-back affair won't have I needed bellboys on my luggage.

Small things, like the corkscrew-shaped like the Eiffel Tower, it was not, however, problems transferring a pillow that looked like a giant Croissant and umbrellas decorated with French fries were problems-for my wedding.

John, I do not think that France was the place to shop for Christmas.John's idea of a souvenir was lingerie of now-gray, during which he had written a laundry hotel name in large, indelibly. If John was given time, I have introduced the French to laundry whiteners and brightened their lives.

In France, our lives were full with quaint buildings, which will be called dilapidated members-and has always been more of a Museum to visit-but not by taxi. French taxi drivers must take their foot off the gas pedal as often as they take their eyes off the road.

I should take my eyes off the sweets, but I couldn't. morning break with coffee and pastry, followed by an afternoon break with wine and sugar confectionery, and, of course, cakes for dessert in dinner-I brought memories of sweet home stack.

Yes, I remember that France. If we go there again, I am sending a postcard for myself this will say, ' wish you were here ".








IPPoTIS PIERCE HIRST take humorous looks at life.Take a minute to make yourself a smile in http://knightwatch.typepad.com


No comments: